NILE ESE Malta Teacher Training
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions – NILE at ESE Malta Teacher Training Programmes
The NILE at ESE Malta Teacher Training programmes ( hereinafter referred to as Course or Courses) are run as a collaboration between European School of English Limited, (ESE), and Norwich Institute for Language Education (NILE). These Courses will be run by Nile in Malta and will be fully administered by ESE.
1. Registration to the Course and Confirmation of Enrolment
· Applicants should register by completing an enrolment form and submit it to the ESE at [email protected] or apply via https://ese-edu.com/english-courses/nile-teacher-training/#contact
· Registrations should be processed or confirmed within 48 hours of receipt. Once received a Proforma Invoice will be issued detailing the full booking of service.
2. Tuition fees and payment
· The booking will be confirmed on the receipt of a non-refundable deposit of €150.00 towards the course and registration fees. A confirmation letter will be issued by ESE on receipt of the deposit confirming the place on the course and programme as booked.
· The remaining balance of fees is due for payment to ESE by not later than four weeks prior to the start date of the course.
· If the enrolment is made within four weeks of the Course start date, full fees should be paid at the time of enrolment.
· Payments can be made:
o By credit card:
Payment made online by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) is subject to a fee of three and a half percent (3.5%) on the amount charged to the credit card. Details of the online link will be issued by the Accounts Department of ESE.
· By Bank Transfer:
Our bank details are:
Account Holder: European School of English Ltd.
Bank Name: HSBC Bank Malta plc
Branch address: High Street, Sliema, SLM 1549, MALTA
Bank Swift Code: MMEBMTMT
Account No: 006 – 074413 – 451
- When effecting payment by bank transfer kindly include the name of applicant in full as a reference and kindly email the bank payment form to ESE. Any bank charges incurred when paying by Bank Transfer are to be paid by the Client/Agent.
TransferMate is an online international payment solution which eliminates the international wire fees/bank charges when paying in currencies other than in euro € as payment is made and received via local banking networks. Further savings are also made from better exchange rates than normally quoted by local banks.
To effect a payment with TransferMate please use the following link: https://esemalta.transfermateeducation.com/
When effecting payment by TransferMate please quote your name in full and invoice number as a reference and email a copy of the payment to ESE.
- Deposits are non-refundable unless the intending participant proves to be unable to meet visa entry into Malta (in which case he or she will be required to provide an official visa rejection letter to ESE).
- Any variation to standard payment terms can only be made by prior agreement in writing with the ESE and NILE management.
- If more than one discount should apply to a course only one such discount may be selected. Discount agreements are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice.
3. Overdue fees
- In cases of payment of any of the fees owed by the Applicant / Course Participant being overdue, ESE reserves the right to suspend or cancel tuition and to charge interest on the outstanding balance.
- ESE reserves the right to withhold any academic results, agreements , mobility Europass or certificates, if any fees are still owed by the Course Participant at the end of their Course.
- Nationals in EU members states do not require an entry Visa when visiting Malta. Participants from non-EU member states should check whether an entry visa is required at the Central Visa Unit at the Malta Ministry if Foreign Affairs at https://identitymalta.com/unit/central-visa-unit/#Who-Requires-A-Visa
- If an Entry Visa is required but is not granted, one must advise ESE immediately together and present a copy of the visa refusal document. ESE will refund course and accommodation fees less €100.00 and less flight charges (if applicable) and less Travel Insurance (if applicable). If however one does not advise ESE within 3 days from the date of the visa refusal document the cancellation charges in 6. shall apply.
- For accommodation booked through ESE, any changes to accommodation can be applied up to 3 weeks prior to arrival in Malta.
6. Cancellation fees
Cancellation of bookings must be received in writing and are subject to a cancellation fee as follows:
- Between 2 and 4 weeks before arrival date in Malta : cancellation fee of €300.00
- Between 1 and 2 weeks before arrival: €585.00 + hotel accommodation cancellation fee, when applicable.
- In the case of cancellations made within 7 days of arrival or after commencement of a course/ training programme, no refund will be given and fees are not transferable.
- Any refund shall be paid to the person who paid for the booking and in the same manner as the booking was paid for.
7. Arrivals / Delayed Arrivals
- Course Participants should register at ESE on the published course start date. However ESE and NILE recognise that contracted Course Participants are sometimes delayed for unavoidable reasons (these would include, for example, cancellation of, or delays to, flights or other transport). In exceptional cases, ESE and NILE will allow Course Participants to arrive up to two days after the published start date for the Course. Unavoidable late arrivals must be notified to and approved by ESE Management at [email protected] as soon as the intending Course Participant becomes aware that he or she will not arrive in time for the scheduled start date.
- No discount or refund of fees will be given for late arrivals.
- We value all feedback on our service from our clients. We strive to maintain the highest possible levels of standards in all departments at ESE.
- Any complaints or any reservations should be made in writing to ESE during the duration of the course by using the programme review forms or any other written form to ESE. These are to be submitted in the feedback box or handed directly to the ESE management.
9. Cancellation of Course Session
- ESE can cancel any course session scheduled during the year. Course sessions will only run if a minimum participant cohort is registered on each session. If a session is cancelled all participants registered on the session will be notified at least 4 weeks before course start date.
- The application can be deferred to another session or else applications may be cancelled by ESE altogether. Any deposits or payments made by applicants will be fully refunded if the course session is cancelled by ESE.
- A contracted Course Participant may defer to a later Course if s/he has been prevented by serious external events from starting the Course. An external event includes (without limitation) serious illness or injury of the contracted Course Participant or of a close member of her/his family.
- Anyone needing to defer in unavoidable circumstances must ensure that any request to do so is accompanied by a full explanation of the reasons for the request, is presented in writing with supporting official documentation and reaches ESE before the Course start date. The request should also include details of the preferred new start date for the same Course type or alternative Course start date.
- All deferrals are subject to the availability of the requested chosen new Course start date at the time ESE receives the request to defer.
- Any further deferral requests will be considered by ESE on a case-by-case basis and acceptance of a deferral request will be at ESE ’s sole discretion.
- The contracted Course Participant’s accommodation will need to be re-booked and its provision is also subject to availability.
11. English language level and other admissions criteria
- The level of English required for participation on the Teacher Training Courses is referenced in the Course Description for each course. Although certification of level is not usually required, the Applicant accepts that application for a Course where the stipulated level is higher than the Applicant’s language level is done entirely at the Applicant’s risk, as that may jeopardise the Applicant’s full and successful participation in the Course.
12. Academic criteria and attendance
- Applicants are accepted onto their Course on the strict understanding that certification at the end of the Course is conditional upon satisfactory attendance (minimum of 80%).
- By completing a Course registration form, the Applicant accepts that if they fail to attend classes repeatedly without good reason, they may be deemed to have withdrawn and may be required to leave the Course.
13. Behaviour, welfare, attendance and complaints
- By submitting a Course application form, the Applicant consents to ESE requesting and receiving any relevant information from any service or centre concerning the Applicant’s behaviour, welfare and attendance, to allow the efficient operation of ESE.
- If the Applicant has welfare problems or concerns, they should make ESE aware in advance, so that appropriate support can be offered prior to their arrival in Malta. During the Course, Course Participants should contact the ESE Welfare Office if help is needed.
- ESE reserves the right to exclude a Course Participant from a course in cases of continual non-attendance, persistent anti-social behaviour destruction or theft of property, or any other illegal activity during their time with ESE.
- ESE has a complaints policy and procedure which details the steps to take in case of a complaint, available from the ESE Welfare Office and also distributed to course participants on the first day of the course.
14. Equal opportunities
- ESE and NILE operate an equal opportunities admissions policy. It aims to ensure that no applicant will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, sex, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or political or religious belief.
- ESE welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities.
15. Class times and sizes
- For all Courses, classes will normally be held Monday to Friday between the hours of 09:00 and 16:00 but ESE reserves the right to hold classes outside of these times.
- The maximum class size is normally 16 Course Participants.
ESE offers adult students a range of accommodation options as follows: Host Family, ESE Residences, Apartments and Hotels.
- Host Families, Apartments and Residences with a communal kitchen are available on a sharing room or single room basis on which a Single Room Supplement fee applies.
- Adult students may only select Shared Room Accommodation in the ESE Residence or Hotels if booking the room with a friend/relative/partner, otherwise Hotel Regulations apply; i.e. when a person selects a room but is alone in the room the Single Room Supplement fee applies.
- Students staying at host families and requesting a special diet of any kind, such as coeliac, must pay a supplement fee as published in the Price List.
- All students must follow the relevant House Rules as per accommodation option. Please download the ESE House Rules for all details.
- All students staying at Residences and Apartments must pay a deposit of €100 in full on check-in, prior to the start of the course and which said deposit may be refunded, in full or in part, on check-out providing that there are no pending charges incurred by the student and / or that the student is not responsible for any damage of any nature, including but not limited to furnishings, equipment and fittings while staying at ESE accommodation Students must pay before check-out any and all pending charges exceeding their deposit.
- ESE reserves the right to evict and/or suspend students from the accommodation and school if they fail to pay their deposit of €100 on check-in. In such an event ESE will not refund any monies for payment of accommodation and tuition fees.
- ESE reserves the right to charge for any additional VAT and other Government imposed taxes registered after students’ booking is confirmed.
ESE requires that all students purchase Guard.me travel, health and cancellation insurance which includes coverage for medical and repatriation costs in case of accidents or sickness. Guard Me Insurance, offered by ESE, covers all nationalities and study trips and is recognised by private hospitals in Malta.
ESE should be made aware of any complaint or issue experienced by any student while the student is attending an ESE Course and / or staying in any ESE accommodation options. Complaints must be made either via email to [email protected] or in person at the ESE Welfare office. ESE will not accept any complaints from students / agents / parents or legal guardians after students’ departure from ESE and will not be held liable for any compensation on any complaint received after the students’ departure.
ESE will not be responsible for any failure to comply with any obligation and will not be liable for payment of compensation if the failure is occasioned by any cause beyond ESE’s reasonable control. ESE shall not be responsible for any costs incurred by or on behalf of any student caused by force majeure. Such cause may include but is not limited to losses, damages, cancellations or delays, strike action, civil strife or terrorist activity, war, natural or nuclear disaster and unusually adverse weather conditions.
ESE Beach Club
The ESE Beach Club is seasonal. All packages (except Course Only and Accommodation Only) include free entrance to the Beach Club. On weekends and on public holidays, the Beach Club is only available against payment at a discounted entrance fee. Other restrictions apply.
The Directors, management and staff of ESE are not liable for personal accident and/or the theft, loss or damage of personal property belonging to clients. Whilst ESE endeavours to provide assistance to its clients at all times, the Directors, management and staff of ESE are not liable for decisions taken by the local authorities. This would also include any procedures and decisions regarding entry visas or visa extensions. Moreover, while ESE undertakes to provide reasonable care to all persons while they are within all premises operated by ESE and/or on any ESE organised activities, ESE disclaims any responsibility in respect of all persons. Notwithstanding the above, the maximum liability shall be bound by the net amount paid by the client.
- ESE reserves the right to be fully reimbursed for any medical or related costs it may incur on behalf of any student who requires urgent medical attention in Malta and to immediately repatriate, at the student’s expense, any student who suffers from a serious medical or psychological condition.
- ESE reserves the right to change lesson times at its discretion and use classrooms in alternative premises. Students may need to purchase additional course books as they move up to a higher course level.
- ESE reserves the right to alter any service, description and fee without notice provided that any substitute offered is at least of the same standard, contents and classification as the one offered originally.
- ESE reserves the right to offer alternative accommodation from that booked as long as the level of accommodation is of equal or higher standards.
- ESE reserves the right to expel/repatriate any person that in the opinion of ESE has behaved in an unacceptable manner including but not limited to possession or consumption of any illegal drugs and/or alcohol, malicious damage to property, any behaviour that endangers or impairs the health, safety or comfort of other persons using the same services, breaking of local law/s and/or not adhering to curfew times, and/or not following House Rules. Students who require a study visa must attend lessons as booked and ESE is obliged to report to the Visa Unit any student who repeatedly fails to attend lessons. Consequently, such students may be expelled from ESE. Such expulsion/repatriations will be at the full expense of the client and no refunds will be considered and ESE reserves the right to charge an administration fee of 150 euro for any such expulsion/repatriation. Any damage to, or loss of, ESE or third-party property must be paid by the student before departure.
- ESE Teen & Junior Programmes do not include 24-hour supervision. However, Welfare Officers and Leisure Group Leaders are accessible to all students on a 24 hours / 7- day week basis.
- Adult Students residing at ESE Residences and Apartments must pay a refundable deposit on arrival of 100 euro. This deposit is refundable on departure but may be retained in part or in full to cover any loss or damage caused by the student to furnishings, equipment and fittings in any of the above residences. Should the cost of repairs exceed the amount of the deposit, the student/s concerned will be required to pay the balance prior to leaving his/her/their place of accommodation.
- All students must comply with ESE Terms and Conditions, the ESE Rules and Regulations and relevant House Rules contained in the Welcome Guide (please refer to our downloads page for more details) and any other policies which may be issued by ESE from time to time.
- ESE values the your privacy and controls and processes data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. In enrolling with ESE, the applicant consents to and authorises ESE to process any personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and any other applicable laws and to transfer/disclose such data to other companies within the ESE group of companies as deemed necessary for the successful provision of the services enrolled for and any purpose associated thereto. For further details on such purposes and your rights in relation to data protection, please view the following link: https://ese-edu.com/privacy-policy/.
If for any reason any dispute arises between the student and ESE then resolution of such a dispute is subject to the laws of the Republic of Malta and the jurisdiction of the Maltese Courts.