TEFL & TELT
If you want to teach English in Malta, you can get your TEFL Certification with ESE.
Refundable if certain criteria is met
Teaching English as a second or foreign language
Become a teacher of English as a Foreign Language to help learners develop their knowledge and skills in the language which dominates the world of academia, work and leisure.
How can you do this? Simple. Join ESE’s TEFL & TELT* courses to enable you to teach in Malta and equip you with communicative methods and techniques to develop your learners in their language needs. TELT is offered for free in conjunction with the TEFL course.
The next TEFL courses will be held from the 12th February to 11th March 2024 on Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays (Part-Time, Afternoon), and 25th March to 5th April 2024 from Monday to Friday (except on Good Friday, Full-Time).
- get an insight into what teaching English as a foreign language involves
- learn how to deliver engaging and successful lessons
- achieve an internationally recognised TEFL certificate
- get the best learning experience available
Share this page
What is the TEFL course?The TEFL Certification is one of the requirements needed to apply for a teaching permit in Malta. The course includes input sessions, teaching practices, classroom observations and assignments.
- The cost of the course is €250 which is fully refunded by ESE if the teacher meets certain conditions – if you work with us for a certain number of weeks, the course will be free. (Work is guaranteed!)
- A degree in education or prior teaching experience is not necessary to enrol on the course. The only requirement is that you must be at least 18 years old.
What is the TELT exam?
The TELT exam is designed by the ELT Council to provide novice ELT teachers with a minimum language proficiency certification if the teacher is not in a possession of an A level. In addition, it consists of a written paper including grammar, lexis, phonology and writing.
TELT is also included in the course fee.