Advanced Language Materials and Methodology
1 and 2 weeks
This 22.5 hours per week face-to-face taught course is eligible for Erasmus+ funding. A programme of social and academic activities is also included.
This course reviews the principles and practices of English language teaching and looks at recent developments in teaching methodology. You will examine the relationship between language, materials and methodology, review a wide range of recent materials and be encouraged to re-examine your own teaching.
All course participants receive a pre-course questionnaire, which should be returned prior to the course. This is to ensure that the areas of most relevance to participants are covered. The three main strands of the course will be carefully integrated.
This course will cover some or all of the following aspects:
- Personal language development;
- Pedagogic grammar;
- Grammar at discourse level;
- Vocabulary extension work;
- Language change;
- Language and culture;
- Materials evaluation;
- Basic principles in materials design;
- Multimedia materials;
- Recent developments in methodology;
- Issues in language learning;
- The changing role of the teacher.
This course will extend the participant’s understanding and critical awareness of:
- How English is used both inside and outside the classroom;
- The principles and practice of teaching English as a second or foreign language;
- Surveying recent developments in methodology and the analysis of language for teaching;
- Examining the relationship between language, materials and methodology;
- Developing materials for English teaching and how to review a range of recent materials;
- How to re-examine their own teaching.
Time will be built into the course for reflection and for participants to consider how to adapt ideas from the course to classrooms in their own professional contexts.
All courses involve a significant element of English language improvement and/or development of language awareness.
Minimum B2 Level of English
Length of Course
- 1 week – 5 training days
- 2 weeks – 10 training days
- Access to NILE eLibrary
- Access to NILE Digital Learning Platform
- End-of Certificate
1 week (5 training days) –
14 — 18 March 2022
30 May — 3 Jun 2022
17 — 21 Oct 2022
2 weeks (10 training days) –
14 — 25 March 2022
30 May – 10 June 2022
17 — 28 Oct 2022
Average 10 trainees per Group
Max Size 15 trainees per group
30 lessons (22.5 hours / week)
Course Fee €525.00 per week / €1050.00 2 week course
Programme Fee €100.00 – includes:
€60 Registration Fee — Mandatory
€40 Social Programme
Includes 2 pre-booked half-day cultural guided tours – Optional
Who should register for this course ?This course is aimed at ELT professionals who are interested in:
- Improving their understanding and command of contemporary written and spoken English;
- Raising their awareness of how language, materials and methodology interact in the teaching of English.
Are you interested in this programme?
Click below on the Enrolment or Contact buttons: