Teaching Young Learners
1 and 2 weeks
This 22.5 hours per week face-to-face taught course is eligible for Erasmus+ funding
This course will develop your awareness of the principles and practice of teaching young learners, extend your classroom language and give you an opportunity to improve and update your spoken and written English.
This course will cover some or all of the following aspects:
- Personal language development
- Insights into cultural and intercultural issues
- Classroom language
- Theories of cognitive development and first language learning in young learners
- A range of approaches for teaching English to young learners and how such approaches may be realised in the classroom
- Evaluation of materials for teaching English to young learners
- Design and creation of teacher-made materials
- Assessment of young learners
- Initial syllabus and course design
- Classroom observation as a means of revealing and informing practice
This course will extend the participant’s understanding and critical awareness of:
- The principles and practice of teaching young learners
- Classroom language
- How to improve and update their spoken and written English
Time will be built into the course for reflection and for participants to consider how to adapt ideas from the course to classrooms in their own professional contexts.
All NILE’s courses involve a significant element of English language improvement and/or development of language awareness.
All course participants receive a pre-course questionnaire, which should be returned prior to the course. This is to ensure that the areas of most relevance to participants are covered.
Min.Level – B1
Min Age – 23 years
Length of Course
- 22.5 Hours – 1 week
- 45 hours – 2 weeks
- Access to NILE eLibrary
- Access to NILE Digital Learning Platform.
1 week (5 training days):
28.10.2024 – 1.11.2024
2 weeks (10 training days):
29.07.2024 – 09.08.2024
Average 6 per Group
Max. 16 per group
30 lessons (22.5 Hours) per week
More information about this course:
Programme Fee €100.00 – includes
€60 Registration Fee — Mandatory
€40 Social Programme
includes 2 pre-booked half-day cultural guided tours – Optional
Are you interested in this Programme?
Click below on the Enrolment or Contact buttons