Articles in this blog may be ESE news, academics pieces written by our team or events in Malta of general interest.
Which is the right online course for you?
We advise you to choose your online course depending on why you want to follow the course and what you hope to achieve by following this online English course.
• Are you looking for a way to improve your English because you want to travel, feel you have forgotten the English you learned back at school or want to get back to basics?
In that case, we recommend you follow the Online General English course which will help you to build your confidence to use English for everyday situations. The course modules cover everyday English, grammar and vocabulary building activities, recent topics and video news reports.
• Are you planning to sit for an English proficiency exam in the near future?
The IELTS course module includes practice questions in listening, reading, writing and speaking, tips on getting to know the Academic IELTS module, review of familiar topics and verb tenses, grammar building activities and video reports.
The online TOEIC course allows you to become familiar with the Reading and Listening papers, offering you exam practice opportunities to get the results you need. The modules give you an overview of the TOEIC test, preparation exercises, grammar and verb tense review and video news reports.
• Are you working internationally in a business context and need to improve your level of English to be able to communicate more easily and effectively when travelling abroad on work or working virtually? Or are you perhaps looking to improve your English for career advancement purposes?
The ESE 6-month online Business English course helps you to improve your level of English to be more effective when you are working in an international business context. The course includes grammar and vocabulary building exercises and lessons on soft skills such as presenting, meetings, socialising, telephoning and business writing.
• Are you working in or are about to start working in the legal progression and need to improve your English for law because you are working or thinking of working internationally?
The ESE online Legal English course is ideal for you. It’s based on 400 words and phrases that are relevant to the legal profession and form part of every lawyer’s professional jargon. You will learn how to use this legal vocabulary correctly and be able to work on review English grammar and pronunciation.
The course modules revolve around legal systems, contract law, civil and criminal procedures, intellectual property, EU law, IT and cybercrime, family law, taxation, employment law, commercial law.
• Are you looking for a career in hospitality or are already working in this sector and need to improve your on-the-job English?
In that case, why not follow the 6-month ESE online English for Hospitality course? You will learn how to use a range of vocabulary and phrases needed in front and back of house and other areas typical in the hospitality industry. Areas covered include food and drink, giving information, dealing with customers on the phone, dealing with problems and complaints, saying goodbye and welcoming clients.
The ESE online courses are 6 months long and cost Euro 200.00. The courses are appropriate for you if your level of English is Pre-Intermediate / A2 or better.
Author: Rachel Falzon About the Author: Rachel has been working with ESE in a number of roles for the past 11 years. She’s passionate about learning and development, people and communications. Rachel loves being outdoors, escaping to sister-island Gozo with her family and pet beagle, swimming, reading and doing all things creative.
About this blog
Articles in this blog may be ESE news, academics pieces written by our team or events in Malta of general interest. Please feel free to write to us with any comments, suggestions or any articles you may have written and would like to share with us and our students.